ConnX is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
This policy explains the types of personal information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared. It also sets out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this information.
Why do we collect personal information?
- to provide our services;
- to provide you with any communications or publications in which we think you might be interested, or which you have requested;
- to market, advertise or otherwise promote our services;
- to undertake market research in relation to our existing and potential future services;
- to monitor use of our website (“website”);
- to comply with taxation, occupational health and safety laws, and any other applicable laws;
- to provide general information about our services;
- to let you know about developments in our procedures, products, services, and activities that might be useful to you;
- to facilitate your participation in forums, social events and educational events; and
- to consider employment applications
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect health information and other sensitive information about you with your consent unless we are otherwise permitted to collect the information under the Privacy Act.
Personal information may be collected by way of forms filled out you (including via online forms), emails, telephone conversations, online user-generated content and market research, face-to-face meetings and interviews. Where necessary and with your consent, we supplement the information we receive from you with information from third party sources, such as your employer.
You may in some circumstances have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when you deal with us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we need to fulfil your request for a specific product or service or to participate in activities we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service or we may not be able to allow you to participate in our activities.
How we protect your Personal Information
We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to employees who need it to provide services to you.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Some pages on our website and emails may also contain a “web beacon”. A web beacon is an image which enables us to monitor your Internet activity. When you view a page that contains a web beacon, a de-identified notice of the visit is generated which may be processed by us. A web beacon usually works in conjunction with a cookie. If you disable cookies, a web beacon will be able to generate an anonymous notice of the visit but which cannot be associated with the information contained in the cookies.
Information Use and Disclosure
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose (directly related if health information or other sensitive information) and the person would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
By using our website, you will be deemed to consent to ConnX using and disclosing your personal information for the purposes specified above in the section ” Website Analytics”. By using our website, you will also be deemed to consent to ConnX processing and storing your personal information on servers operated by ConnX or its service providers.
In providing services we may need to disclose personal information about you to our client with whom you have entered into or intend to enter into a contract, our agents and representatives and our service providers assisting in the provision of our services.
You should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Although we strive to protect such information we do not warrant the security of any information transmitted over the Internet.
By using our website and services, you accept that your information will be transmitted to and from our website and services at your own risk.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to correct personal information held by us that is not accurate, complete and up to date or that is irrelevant or misleading.
You may contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below to:
- access to any of your personal information held by us (where they cannot obtain such access using our website);
- correction of any of your personal information held by us that you consider is not accurate, complete and up to date or is irrelevant or misleading (where you cannot make such correction through our website); or
- further details or a complaint dealt with about the way that we handle personal information.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
We will manage complaints as follows:
Step 1: Let us know
If you would like to make a complaint, you should let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer (see below for contact details).
Step 2: Investigation of complaint
Your complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer. A response to your complaint will be provided in writing within a reasonable period.
Step 3: Contact OAIC
We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Privacy Officer’s Contact Details
ConnX Pty Ltd
PO Box 1122
MILTON QLD 4064